LAF Young Artist Competition
Information, Guidelines, and Panel Reservation Form
The Lubbock Arts Alliance would like to take this opportunity to invite all students of LISD and the surrounding communities to participate in a student art exhibition and competition during the Lubbock Arts Festival, April 18-19, 2020 at the Lubbock Civic Center. The Festival provides a wonderful opportunity to showcase student artwork to the community.
Guidelines for the 2020 Young Artist Exhibition & Competition are created and followed to present a unified and professional exhibit for area students. They are as follows:
Artwork will be exhibited and judged in the following categories:
Elementary K – 2nd Grades
Elementary 3rd -5th Grades
Middle School 6th – 8th Grades
High School 9th – 12th Grades
- All artwork must be 2D
- Works may be no larger than 12”x 18”
- Teachers will be responsible for typing name labels in ALL CAPITALS and placing them in the lower right corner of the 2D work. The labels must be white and measure 2” x 4” (see example below)
- NO 3D WORK OR FRAMED WORK ACCEPTED
- Fabric covered panels will be provided to display the artwork
- Each teacher will receive one 6’ x 3’ panel to display their student’s artwork
- Work may be attached to the board by straight pins, thumbtacks, or velcro. Please bring supplies with you to hang the artwork
- Elementary School works should be mounted on white paper or construction paper
- Middle School/ High School should be mounted on white, grey, or black paper or construction paper
- Elementary students may enter one (1) work of art
- Middle School/ High School students may enter two (2) works of art
- The Lubbock Arts Festival will not be responsible for damaged or stolen artwork. Please evaluate the risk in exhibiting valuable student work.
- Participating schools will need to deliver and hang their work on provided panels on Thursday, April 16, 2020 from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.. We will be onsite at the Civic Center to provide assistance.
- Artwork must be picked up on Sunday, April 19, 2020, from 5 p.m.-6 p.m. by the teachers. The Lubbock Arts Festival will not be responsible for any artwork left after 6 p.m.
- Early removal of work is discouraged
Teachers may enter up to 5 entries per class and only one entry per person will be accepted.
Ribbons will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mentions. All teachers will be given certificates to hand out to all participating students.
Fostering the creation, understanding, and enjoyment of the arts